Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

From Our House At Christmas

Whoo hoo! New stamps are available from DRS Designs! They are celebrating Christmas in July with adorable stamps that can be made into cute, little village scenes. This is exactly what I did for today's card.  The new challenge on the DRS Designs Blog this week is a color challenge that I used to drive my thoughts for the Christmas Village scene I created.  The challenge colors are "strawberries and cream."  


I started by stamping the Christmas Village House 1 (117C) repeatedly and then I used the Christmas Village Four In One Accessories (119D) to add the snowmen and pine trees in between the houses. I used Copic Markers to color the scene and then I added fine glitter to all of the snowy areas. I matted the image as shown and layered it on top of a red card stock base that was embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The Christmas From Our House Greeting (120C) was stamped and matted and then adhered onto the lower portion the image.  This turned out to be a CAS card, but the glitter for the snow really makes it glisten! It gives me that serene Christmas feel. What about you?

Check out all the details for DRS Designs "Strawberries and Cream" challenge HERE to see how you can win a $10 voucher to DRS Designs online store. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin