Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hot Diggity Dog!

Some of my favorite cards to stamp are birthday cards. I usually have quite a few to choose from when a birthday card is needed. However, last week when I went to write out a card for a friend of mine, I noticed my stash was gone!! The good thing about this is that it actually worked out to my advantage! She is a dog lover and I was able to stamp this cute doggie birthday card just for her.  It was a win, win situation for us both!


I started by coloring the Doggie Dilemma Dog With Fence (254H) with Copic Markers. After matting it I put it to the side to work on the card front. I stamped the Dog Bone (080A) on white card stock to create a border around the card front. I colored them lightly with Copic Markers and then distressed the edges with brown ink.  Next, the card front was matted with blue card stock. I created an A2 dark brown card base and adhered the card front to it. The matted dog image was adhered to the upper center area and the Hot Diggity Dog Birthday Greeting (732E) was stamped below it as shown.  I didn't add any bulky embellishments to it since it was going to be mailed.  It was a nice change keeping my card front clean and simple! Hope you've enjoyed my post today. 

Thanks for stopping by!!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin