Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dashing Through The Dough

Just the other day, one of my friends posted on Facebook that there are only about 17 Fridays left until Christmas!! Can you believe that? I know it's right around the corner, but in that perspective it makes it seem like it will be here so much quicker!

To make light of the situation I created this comical Christmas card--one that all of us stampers can most likely relate to. Isn't it true that buying stamping and crafting supplies can really make you feel like you're dashing through the dough?? I really like this card because it's perfect to send to a fellow stamper who you know could appreciate the humor!  


Here are some of the details on how I created it:
All of the stamps I used are by DRS Designs.  The Christmas Village Craft Store (101D) was stamped, colored with Copics, die cut and then sponged with blue ink for the sky. Glitter was added to the snow caps on the building and the ground. The Flying Cash (547F) was stamped repeatedly and colored with Copics as well to create the background. The card front was stamped with the Dashing Through The Dough (545D) sentiment before embossing it for some added texture. Once all of the pieces were assembled as shown, I added a green bow and several small pearls to embellish it perfectly. 

Well, regardless of how many days are left until Christmas, I hope you've been inspired by all of the Christmas cards you've seen here lately and that you've enjoyed today's post.  Are you making your Christmas cards already?

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin