Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, August 4, 2014

From Our House to Yours

Hi Stampers!

Here's a card I made for my Sister. She recently moved into her own condo after living with a friend for many years. The newest Bee-themed stamps from DRS Designs were perfect for her "new home" card:
and the Bitsy Bumble Bee (1020A) is an older image that is still available in the current catalog.


 The hive image was colored with Copic Markers and cut out with a Nestie die. Then I cut a Post-It Note mask and sponged blue ink around the edges while it was still in the die. It was matted on a black scallop.  The black card base was cut and folded to make an A2 size card.  I stamped a yellow piece of cardstock for the card front with the Honeycomb design using yellow ink and then split the "Our House To Yours" greeting and stamped it as shown so it would fit around the image. Black grosgrain ribbon was tied across the lower portion of the card front and then the matted image was placed in the center. Next I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the Bitsy Bee and adhered it to the upper portion of the hive image using dimensional tape.  The final stap was to stamp the Bee Trail to make it look like the bee had just flown into place on the card front.  For the most part, this card was pretty simple to create. 

My Sister really liked this card and has it displaying on her mantle.  I hope you like it too!

Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin