Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Out Of This World Birthday

The little boy next door just turned 8 and he's always climbing the trees in his backyard.  He doesn't have a tree house like what is shown on this card, but if he did I know he'd be in it constantly!  I created this card to go with his birthday gift and for this weeks DRS Designs birthday card challenge


I started with a 5" x 5" card stock base. The yellow card front was stamped with the Polka Dot background (688P) and then I distressed the edges. I added a light blue decorative panel that was layered with embossed green card stock and embellished with 3 brown brads. The Tree House (087K) was stamped, colored with Copic Markers, and then matted with brown card stock. I adhered it to the left side of the card front as shown. Finally, the Out Of This World Greeting (267F) was split onto 2 banner tags, distressed and then adhered into place to fit the layout.  

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Jack!

Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin