Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Count Porkula!

Hi Everybody!  
Does my title have you curious? 
Well, now that it's September, it will be time for the ghosts and goblins to come out soon and DRS Designs is getting ready with some awesome new Halloween stamps! They are now available for purchase and the one seen below is Count Porkula (134D)!  How cute is he?!?!?!? Leonard Pig is all dressed up for Halloween and he even has his Trick-orTreat bag!


I used him as the focal point on my card below for this weeks DRS Designs blog challenge.  The theme is to use gems or sequins on your project!  Not a real challenge for me lately as I seem to be using gems all the time. 


I made my own pattern paper by stamping the Accent Bats (517A) repeatedly on the bright green card stock. I trimmed it with gray card stock and then added a spiderweb border and black card stock to both ends. Count Porkula was colored with Copic Markers, matted with a pink scallop rectangle and adhered in the center of the card stock. Next, I used a die to cut out the bright green banner and then stamped it with the Tiny Happy Halloween (938A) greeting.  I added a bit of spider web to it to match the pattern paper at the bottom before adhering it in place as shown. Finally, I added 3 green gems at the bottom right side of the card front and my card was complete!

Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin