Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Christmas O.C.D.

Hi Friends! Hope your weekend is going well! 
I'm taking a break from the craziness of getting my house ready to host Thanksgiving for our family this year. We are expecting about 40 people and I'm sure we will have enough food to feed an army, but that's what the holidays are all about, right?  Good company and good food--We have so much to look forward to and to be thankful for!

A color challenge was recently posted over at the DRS Designs blog. It utilizes a poinsettia image with different hues of red and greens for the challenge. Here's my challenge entry depicting Christmas Leonard Pig (709K) in the hustle and bustle of Christmas. I've paired him with one of the new Christmas sayings from DRS Designs most recent release, the O.C.D. Christmas Greeting (183E).


The image was colored with Copic Markers, cut out, and masked. Blue ink was sponged around the edges and the upper portion was masked as well so that when sponge with brown ink it resembles him standing on a floor.  I created my own pattern paper by using a portion of the Cut-apart Woven Plaid Stamp (613P). I split up the sentiment into two parts and cut them out with Nestability dies. Blue ink was sponged over top while still in the die and then each one was matted with green card stock cut with a scallop die. My card front was assembled as shown and was simply embellished with only pink grosgrain ribbon tied in a knot.

Well, I'm sure with all that is going on this week I probably won't be on the computer much until after the holiday.  I hope you all have a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving full of all your favorite things!

Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin