Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

3 Wooden Crosses

Can you believe this is the last week of February....already?!?!? That means that March is right around the corner and perhaps at some point it will turn to Spring and we can put this deep freeze behind us! I'm done with winter, can you tell? LOL! I have a bad case of cabin fever and I'm itching to get outside with my boys!  One good thing about the weather still being yucky is that I don't mind being trapped inside if I can spend the time stamping. Today I'm sharing an Easter card I recently made during one of our recent Arctic Blasts, where the wind chill was -30 degrees! 



 
I started by coloring the Three Wooden Crosses (1116K) with Copic Markers. I used E31, E33 and E35 specifically. I cut the image out using an oval Nestability die. Then, I masked it with a Post-it Note and sponged it with light blue ink, layering the ink, so that it was heavier toward the bottom of the crosses. The ground beneath the crossed was sponged with brown in k in the same manner. The colored image was layered with a dark brown scalloped oval and set aside while I worked on the rest of my card.
 
For one side of the card front I used Kraft colored cardstock that was embossed with a wood grain embossing folder to match the texture of the wooden crosses in the image. I used smooth blue cardstock for the opposite side and embellished it with a dark brown decorative border to hide the seam between the 2 card front panels.  Then I stamped the I Am The Resurrection Greeting (303D) on the lower portion of the left side of the card front.  The matted image was adhered in place just off center as shown and then I embellished the upper left portion of the card front with 3 different colored banners and a button tied with a blue twine bow.  This card was then completed by attaching the card front to an A2 dark brown cardstock base. 
 
I'm really happy with how this turned out, but blue and brown are one of my favorite color combinations, so I might be a little biased. I hope you like it too!
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin