Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Shamrockin

It's so nice to be working on Spring themed cards--I'm officially done creating cards for Winter and all of the cold-weather months...I refuse!!! I'm looking forward to the sun and with that, I am beyond excited to share some St. Patrick's Day and Easter cards I've recently made with DRS Designs new stamps.  Today's Shamrockin' St. Patrick's Day card was made for the color challenge posted on the DRS Designs Blog.
 
This is the inspiration photo and we are to use this display for the colors on our challenge card. Pretty, isn't it?
I used the Irish Inventory (344H) to create the background on my card front and the Shamrockin' Day Greeting (335F) was used as the focal point. While the greeting was in a Nestability die, I sponged yellow ink around the stamped design. I love how the white frame around it really makes the stamped image stand out.  The shamrocks were colored with Copic Markers-- G00, G02, and G05. 
 

The layout I used here wasn't the one I had in mind, but I really like the pop of yellow in the upper left corner. I embossed it and then inked the edges with dark yellow ink. I embellished it with some green rhinestones to make it complete.  I added some sheer green and gold ribbon with a bow to the bottom and adhered the card front to a dark green A2 cardstock base.   

 
I hope you'll get a chance to check out this color challenge.  The possibilities are endless and what a great way to get in a Spring-like mood, plus winning free stamps isn't a bad idea either ;-)
 
Thanks for stoping by today! 
 
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin