Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, February 5, 2015

White Valentine

 
The new challenge posted on the DRS Designs blog this week is "White out!" It was definitely a challenge for me since I was working outside my comfort zone. I've seen numerous 'white on white' cards all over Pinterest and have found them very appealing, but until now I never had a real reason to create one. Here is the "White Out" Valentine I created for this challenge, and I have to say, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!
 
 
The stamped elements on this card are by DRS Designs and include the Interlocking Hearts (247F) and the Sweet Valentine's Day Greeting (257D). The first step in making this was thinking about how I wanted to design the card front.  I rounded the edges of a piece of white cardstock and then stamped the greeting in the lower right corner.  Above it, I added a scalloped border and then hid the seam with white satin ribbon.  I scored 2 lines with my Score-Pal and then masked everything on the bottom half of the card front.  Next, I stamped the upper portion with the Interlocking Hearts. My embellishments are a white satin bow and some heart die cuts that I decorated with a single rhinestone and then adhered with foam tape for dimension.  The card base measures 5.5" x 4.25" and for some additional dimension since the card front was the same color as the base, I adhered the card front with foam tape as well.
 
Have you ever created a 'white on white' card? Now's your chance to do so and try to win from stamps from DRS Designs.  Check out the link above and enter your card to win! 
 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
 
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin