Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Happy Birthday Without Saying it

Woo hoo! New stamps will be available soon from DRS Designs! I've had the privilege of playing with them over the weekend and now I have a sneak peek to share with you. This card features the new Rest Best of Your Life Greeting (385F). 

I love how this greeting says "Happy Birthday" without coming right out and saying it.  I have a friend who literally dispises her birthday.  She really has a hard time dealing with the fact that she's getting older and this type of greeting would be perfect for her.  We use our birthdays as an excuse to "just get together" for dinner since we don't see each other very often and a birthday card like this that doesn't say "Happy Birthday" would compliment our meal nicely!


I made this greeting the focal point of my card front by stamping it in blue ink and then cutting it out with a Nestability die.  Before I took it out of the die, I sponged the same blue ink it was stamped with around the edges of the die.  I love the nice clean and framed look it creates around the stamp I want to show off.  I paired it with some other great DRS stamps like the Argyle Background (438P) and the Argyle Diamond (441A), which always make a great background design.  The other embellishments I used include some crimped cardstock, a scalloped border punch, white satin ribbon, a button and twine tied in a bow.

I hope I've inspired you to get inky today!
Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin