Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, April 16, 2015

In Sympathy

Of course no one likes to have the need to make a Sympathy card but the best time to make them is when you don't need them.  The new color challenge posted on the DRS Designs Blog today inspired me to add a Sympathy card to my collection for that exact purpose. Here's the challenge inspiration photo:
 
 
And here's my creation!
 
This layout was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest. I used an oval nestability die as a stencil and sponged the middle with pink ink to create the background for my card front. Next I stamped the Dandelion Puff (380G) in the center with black ink. I love how the shaded pink oval makes the silhouette "flower" stand out! It makes for a very elegant look and could be done using any color and still look great. The next step was to mat it twice, once with pink card stock and then again with black card stock. I added this to a gray, A2 card stock base.  I added the sentiment by stamping the One Line "In Sympathy" Greeting (262B) on a gray banner that was matted with black. For a bit of dimension I adhered this with foam tape so that it popped up from the bottom of my image. I added 3 gray butterflies around the image and embellished them with a small pink rhinestone for a touch of color. 
 
I hope I've inspired you to get inky today!
Thanks for stopping by! 
 
Smiles,
Jennifer
  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin