Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Best of Your Life


Graduation season is upon us and the latest DRS Designs Blog Challenge, "Put It In Neutral" inspired me to create this Graduation Card.  I know the Rest Best of Life Greeting (385F) was originally meant to be a birthday greeting, but I think it's the perfect graduation greeting too. I think many graduates are so happy and excited that the long struggles of school are behind them that graduation is the beginning of the rest of their living life, with a career ahead, we hope!
 
 
 
I started by stamping the Rest Best of Your Life Greeting with black ink on white cardstock.  I used a rectangle Nestability die to cut it out and then sponged tan ink over top of it while it was still in the Nestie die.  It was matted with black cardstock cut out with the scallop-edged, rectangle Nestie die.  I then put that aside and created the background panel.  Starting with ivory cardstock, I stamped the Interlocking Star Background (819H) in black ink and the Starry Background (124H) in tan ink. This panel was also matted with black cardstock cut out with the scallop-edged, rectangle Nestie die.  Next, I created the A2 cardstock base from tan cardstock and adhered the star panel to the far left side as shown.  To break up the light colors a little bit, I added a fishtail banner in dark brown cardstock that was embellished with some paper flowers and petite copper brad.  This was adhered so that the straight edge was flush with the right side of the card front.  The greeting panel was adhered in placed just off center and this clean and simple card was complete! 

So, I mentioned above that the "Put It In Neutral" challenge inspired this card.  Has my post inspired you to play along as well?  Create a card in neural colors (think white, ivory, tan, kraft, brown, black, gray) and link it up on the challenge post to be entered to win a great package of DRS Designs stamps!  But hurry, this challenge ends to day at 6pm ET!
 
 Thanks for stopping by and good Luck!
 
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin