Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Oh.My.Stars!

I'm taking a break from playing with DRS Designs new stamps in order to participate in their blog challenge this week, Oh My Stars! Just as the theme implies, they want to see stars on your project this week. I broke out some fun patriotic stamps to create an Independence Day card. 
 
 
 Isn't the Tiny Patriot (801H) adorable?  I think he's one of my favorites! I colored him with Copic markers and adhered this piece on a blue cardstock mat. Next, I created my own pattern paper by stamping the Interlocking Star Background (819H) with red and light blue ink, added a decorative border on the panel, and then adhered it on the left hand side of the red cardstock base. I added a red fishtail banner as shown and then embellished it with a blue ribbon bow.  I stamped the Interlocking Star background again with just blue ink and then stamped "Happy Independence Day!" (822D) overtop before cutting it out with a decorative die.  I placed it in the empty space in the lower right corner and my card was complete.
 
I hope you're all having a great Summer, but if you've got some time out of the sun and find some time to stamp, run over to the DRS Designs challenge to see all the details including a fabulous prize and link your card to be eligible.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin