Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Hula Scene!

With my shy personality, I normally don't like to be the center of attention and I sure don't like to cause a scene. However, this Hula Pig (879E) is causing a scene and telling everyone to get your 'hula on' for this week's DRS Designs Blog challenge! The theme is to create a scene using any image, die cut, paper, or technique.
 

This scene was created by using the masking and sponging techniques. The Hula Pig, the Sandcastle (090G) and the Palm Tree (886G) images were masked and then the sky and the beach sand were sponged. I used Copic markers to color in the stamped images.  Next, I used the Top Note Die to cut out my scene from the white cardstock it was created on and then matted it with pink cardstock before adhering it in place on a light blue cardstock base. I stamped the Sending You Sunshine Greeting (094D) on a flag banner and embellished it with a small red flower that was held in place with a tiny pink brad. The final step was adhering it to the card front as shown.
 
Do you like to create scenes with your stamps? I encourage you to join me in the Create A Scene challenge and enter your creation to win a great prize from DRS Designs. Good luck! 

Thanks for stopping by today!
 
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin