Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

In Deepest Sympathy

For most of us, I'm sure sympathy cards are our least favorite to make. However, after a long battle with cancer, my best friends Mother recently passed away.  I felt it was important to make her a card to send my condolences and today I'm sharing the Sympathy card I made for her.
 
 
The stamps I used on this card are by DRS Designs. I started by stamping the Brush Deepest Sympathy Greeting (588G) in light blue ink. It was cut out with an oval Nestability die and then matted with blue card stock cut from a scallop oval Nestability die. Next, I created my own pattern paper to decorate the card front.  The Silhouette Branch Background (363H) was heat embossed on light blue cardstock using clear embossing powder. I then hand-cut the bottom scalloped edge and then layered it with white card stock cut the same way. The top of the white card stock was embellished using a border punch. A sheer white ribbon was tied across the middle, knotted on the left hand side, and then the matted sentiment was adhered in the center. Next, the card front was adhered onto a blue card stock base and three white pearls were adhered as shown in the bottom right corner.  Finally, I decorated the inside a little bit by stamping the silhouette branch background with blue ink at the top and bottom edges of the white panel that was adhered inside.

It's little things like this that help us get through difficult times, and my friend was really happy to receive this card. I'm glad I took the time to make it.   


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin