Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Lighthouse Sunset

Hey Everybody!
Have you seen the new color challenge on the DRS Designs Blog? I love it!!!! Here's the inspiration photo:

 
Maybe it's because I'm the Mother of 2 boys and I see colors like these all the time, but they inspired me to create a masculine card. I coordinated them with DRS Designs Lighthouse stamp (461G) and thought the yellow, orange and blue would make a gorgeous sunset.  I think I was right! ;-)
 
 
I colored the image with Copic Markers and then used Nestibility dies to cut it out and layer it with coordinating cardstock. I embellished it with a spiral clip and tied some twine in a knot around it.  The A2 size cardstock base was made from Navy cardstock and I layered half of it on a diagonal with orange and light blue cardstock as shown.  I stamped the Small Birthday Wishes" Greeting (020B) at the bottom and adhered the embellished image in the center.
 
Too bad I don't have any masculine birthdays left for this Summer.  This beauty will have to wait until next year! ;-)
 
Have a great day!
 
Smiles,
Jennifer
 
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin