Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Thinking Of You!

 A new challenge was posted today on the DRS Designs Blog--Splatter Matters!

  
I created this cute "Thinking of You" card specifically for the challenge. I used the new Happy Mail (429G) by DRS Designs for my focal point. I colored it with Copic Markers and matted it on black card stock. Next I created my own pattern paper by stamping the Splatter Background (855H) in light blue and green inks on white cardstock that was cut on an angle. I then added it to the bottom of a light blue A2 card stock base. I lined the top of it with a small strip of black cardstock and placed my stamped image on top, just off to the left side. 
 
 To embellish this card, I threaded a black button with green and white twine tied in a bow and added it to the lower right corner. On the top, I used a punch to create black and green paper tabs, overlapped them a bit, and added a light blue brad to the center and adhered it in place as shown. 

 
Easy, peasy and fun to make!
Thanks for stopping by! 
 
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin