Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Christmas Feelings

Today I am using DRS Designs new blog challenge to show off some sneak peaks of their new stamps scheduled to be released this weekend! The challenge theme this week is "I Can Feel It!" You need to use some sort of dry embossing on your entry to qualify for the challenge. 
 
 
I created this non-traditional Christmas card with the Cuttlebug Heart Embossing folder to match the heart theme in the stamps. Yes, you heard that right--Christmas!! Now is the time to get started on those Christmas cards and DRS designs has some new stamps coming out to help you do just that!

 
The new stamps I used on this card are the Jesus is the Heart of Christmas Greeting (496F) and the Baby Jesus Heart (494G) which I colored here with Copic Markers. I also used the Interlocking Heart Background (808H) on the yellow panel. I love that this turned out so nice despite the non-traditional Christmas colors. I added some Stickles to the star and embellished the top with a metallic gold ribbon.  A few brads at the bottom finished it up nicely and the card front was adhere on to a dark brown A2 cardstock base.
 
Hope you like it!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin