Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Sympathy Silhouette

Thankfully, I'm not in need of a sympathy card right now but the challenge on the DRS Deigns Bog starting today is "Feeling Sentimental. "  I thought a sympathy card was perfect for the challenge not only because I used a sentiment as the focal point of my card, but also because there's a lot of emotion associated with a sympathy card.  Plus, my sympathy stash is low and I always like to have those cards on hand.
 
I kept my layout simple and used the Brush In Deepest Sympathy greeting (588G) as the focal portion of my card. I love the elegant look of the Silhouette Branch Background (363H)  and I tend to use it frequently on sympathy cards. Today's card was no exception and I used it to create the pattern paper panel. A simple dark purple ribbon tied in a knot embellished it, and it was layered on top of a dry embossed matted piece of purple card stock.  Clean and simple and easy, peasy--that's what I was going for today! Hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin