Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

You Left Me Hanging!

I'm really enjoying the new Christmas ornament stamps from DRS Designs. It's a good feeling getting a jump start on my Christmas cards. I know with a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old, Christmas from here on out will be even busier than past years but it will also be so much more exciting too! I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use this weeks DRS Designs blog challenge as an excuse to create another one. The challenge this week is "You Left Me Hanging," and it's perfect for showing off their new Christmas ornament stamps.
 
 
The Triple Hanging Ornaments (500L) was colored with Copic Markers. I matted the colored image with red card stock and put it aside while I worked on my card front. I used ivory card stock for the front and stamped it with the Retro Starburst (1059G) in Versamark Ink. Then I used a decorative border punch at the top. I did the same thing to a piece of green card stock and layered them as shown to decorate the top of the card. I embellished the scallop edge with yellow rhinestones to match the color scheme, and then adhered the matted image in the center.  The Deco Christmas New Year Greeting (488G) was stamped at the bottom and also colored with Copic markers. Finally, yellow Stickles were added to the starburst ornament to make the card complete. 
 
For this challenge, DRS Designs is giving away a set of three stamps for FREE to one lucky winner. Won't you play along? 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
 
Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

nwilliams6 said...

Pretty card! Love the colors and that cool border you did Jennifer! Hugz

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin