Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Whooo's Special

  Hi Stampers!
Hope you are all doing well today! 
I'm excited that DRS Designs has some new stamps coming out very soon!  This time of year, I get busy making cards for all of the holidays that I often forget about making cards for other occasions, like birthdays etc. One of the best things about this next release is that there is a little bit of everything in it--this release is not just for Autumn and Thanksgiving! For the sneak peek I'm sharing today, the Woodgrain Background (626P) is one of the new stamps soon-to-be released and it was used here to create the tree on this birthday card! 
  

In this little scene, I stamped and colored Oswald Owl (132H) with Copic Markers and cut him out.  I stamped a piece of tan card stock with the woodgrain background and then distressed the edges with brown ink. I used an oval die to cut out the center and adhered natural twine around the opening. I embossed a piece of black card stock with a woodgrain embossing folder to add some dimension to my tree-like card front. Oswald Owl was adhered inside of the oval as if he was sitting in the tree.  Next I created the sentiment tag by stamping the Whooo's Special Greeting (142B) on a piece of yellow card stock and then cut it out with a shaped die. I layered it with an orange fishtail banner and a brown scallop and embellished it with a tan brad on either side as shown. The final step was to adhere the card front on to an A2 brown card stock base.
 
Stay tuned, right here, for more sneak peeks of the upcoming stamp release.  The new stamps will be available for purchase real soon! Yay!
 
Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin